At Cole & Lambert, we not only supply concrete pump trucks, but we also insist on the safety of their users. The American Concrete Pumping Association offers a variety of safety video clips to promote worker safety in the concrete industry. The following are a few useful tips that every worker should follow in order to avoid a major accident on the job site.
- Take the pump out of gear before opening hopper grates for maintenance or cleaning.
- Bleed the accumulator of any stored pressure, and be certain that the accumulator is at zero pressure.
- Lifting the grate with a pump in gear could cause the agitator to become engaged, pulling a worker into a hopper by the hose.
- Do not disable the protective hopper grate interlock switch because a serious accident could occur.
- To avoid hose-whipping injury, all workers should move outside of the end hose movement area.
- Be able to identify when these conditions may occur, and warn workers to clear out.
Our concrete pump trucks are backed with the on-site service, and concrete pump repair. This will further ensure that your concrete equipment is running at the highest and safest standard on the job site. Worker safety should be a top priority in the daily running of your business. For all of your Outer Banks concrete equipment needs, contact Cole & Lambert today to see how we can help you.