As the east coast’s lead dealer of concrete pump trucks, telebelts, and concrete equipment, we receive all kinds of concrete questions and concerns. Today, we would like to discuss quality sealants that can be used to beautify and preserve the life of your decorative concrete.
By using the proper sealant and cleaning techniques, you can achieve the desired look and long-term protection for your concrete. From concrete pump truck operators to individuals performing a do-it-yourself project, it’s important to know which product you will need for the job.
Check Out This Sealant Fact Sheet
- Decorative concrete expert, Chris Sullivan, suggests that you consider safety, appearance, and performance. Every sealant performs differently, so read the label carefully to determine whether or not it fits your needs and is appropriate for the surface area it is being used on.
- Penetrating Sealers: This sealant is ideal for treating exterior concrete that is exposed to weather extremities. It is clear, so it will not change the natural look of concrete.
- Polyurethane Sealers: When you need a sealant that is resistant to stains and scuffing, such as flooring or countertops, this is an excellent choice that offers thick, durable protection.
- Acrylic Sealers: These offer a fast drying, thin layer of protection that can be used indoors and outside, and the application process is fairly easy when compared with other types of sealants.
- Epoxy Sealers: Unlike other sealant products, epoxy has the tendency to turn yellow in color when it is exposed to the sun. Indoors, it offers a very beautiful finish and durable protection to concrete surfaces, and it even comes is a variety of colors.
Don’t Forget To Seal The deal!!
Properly sealing interior and exterior concrete is a must. Concrete will last much longer when it is well protected from the elements and everyday use. Sealants can add an appearance of beauty and shine, while offering protection from water, oil, dirt, and extreme weather. In order to prolong the life of your concrete truck operators, performance of concrete pump trucks, or any type of concrete equipment, should be familiar with the best sealants to use for the job.